Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The week of Thanksgiving and time in Utah...(from iPhone)

These pics are only from my iPhone. I will probably do a separate post with photos from my DSLR.
Despite that the last few weeks have been really hard, we have also found a lot of joy in spending time with our family.

 
 Just a fun Lego math game I found. Mac seemed to enjoy it.



When he was done, on his own, started counting how many times he rolled each number so I had him graph it. I need to get some graphing paper. 

Tuesday night we headed to my in laws for Thanksgiving. Cousin C got there the same night we did. He was really loving looking at Benji out the window. 

Cousin C


Oak had to sit next to him during breakfast. 


My kids love Uncle L. 


Mac finally convinced me to play Monopoly with him. We played for about 30 minutes then took a break, then he decided he was done. 


These two little cousins were so cute!

Thanksgiving dinner. And Cousin G with his thanksgiving hotdog, haha. Pretty sure all Mac ate were rolls. 

My dad passed away Thanksgiving morning. We didn't tell our kids until before bed that night because we wanted them to enjoy their day with their cousins. After we told them they both started crying. And then when Mac was done crying he told us not to talk about it ever again. He took it pretty hard at first but he is doing really good with it now. We make sure we talk about all the great things we got to do with him everyday. That seems to help. 

The day after Thanksgiving we got home in the evening and unpacked, washed clothes and repacked to head to Utah (where my dad passed away) the next day.  When we got home that night the kids didn't want to sleep by themselves but we had too much to get done so we let them sleep in our bed together. I ended up sleeping in between them and Hubs slept in Mac's bed.


We got up early Saturday morning and headed to Utah. It is only like an 11 hour drive from K Falls. The crazy thing about the way you get there is that it is pretty much barren. We went over 200 miles with it looking just like this photo. NOTHING for 200 miles. It was crazy.


We got to my brothers house about 5pm saturday night. We had never met our twin nieces who are 16 months old. They love books! 

Oak mothering her cousins who are just a few months younger than her. 


Miss Lyla liked Hubs but she did not like me. 


Oak with Miss Noelle


Trying to get a Sunday pic of all the kids. Lyla did not want anything to do with it. 


Grandma  and Noelle.


Me and my boy. 


The girls were listening intently as Oak was reading to them. 


Aunt L was making the kids popcorn before we went to see the Temple lights. 


Mac loved the babies. 


The lights were beautiful. 



We introduced the boys to cutting paper. We only had one little mishap with one of them cutting their own hair. But he didn't do it badly. 


We went to the dinosaur museum and the museum of natural curiosity. I have more pics I will post on my other camera. 


My niece works for 1800contacts and was in charge of doing a tree for festival of trees. Hers was amazing! Hers actually sold for second highest. 


Oak loved the kiddy corner with the crafts. 


One of the booths at the kiddy corner was picking a ring and getting nails painted. 


Miss Lyla did not like me much, but sometimes she would tolerate me when there was no one else around. 


My amazing SIL took my kids to Scheels and spoiled them while we had my dad's viewing.  






We went to the Temple lights again with more of the family. Found the perfect spot for a picture. 


Oak with my brother. 


Mac wearing the hat my dad wore all the time. 

Our drive home Oak had fun entertaining herself with her new ponies. We broke the drive up in two days on the way home since we were taking a longer way home. In the middle of the night at the hotel Oak threw up. So the drive home the next day she wasn't as good in the car. 


We stopped at my Uncles house in Portland to get my dads truck so we could pick up some furniture for my mom who moved in with us. My Uncle has a mama pig and a baby pig. They were hilarious!


Mac had fun playing with his cousin. They played Legos most of the time. 

No comments: