Saturday, July 12, 2014

Lake house iPhone pics

I have some pics on my DSLR so eventually I will get those up to. I think they are mostly doubles from some of these. I didn't really like carrying around my big camera everywhere. 
So anyway, we had a blast this year. My kids were pretty well behaved, and they were at a great age to just be able to play without me having to have my eyes on them every second. 
The kids said their favorite part of the lakehouse was the swimming. And there was plenty of that. 
The weather was amazing! The best it has ever been and probably the best it ever gets. We stayed 11 days. And we can't wait until next year. 


Oak got the hang of swimming in her life jacket and we didn't feel the need for her to have a big kid with her at all times. She loved it and was usually the last one to get out. 


The kids didn't do as much tubing this year. Part of that was Mac got hurt on one of his trips and then he didn't want to go the rest of the time. They hit a big bump and Mac flew up really high and his back hit his big cousin in the head. After that Mac was even scared to be on the boat, which he isn't usually. 


Since Oak is still three she required her mom or dad on the boat with her if she wanted to go tubing. That was our rule, not anyone else's. I hate being on the boat and so daddy was one the who would go with her. Daddy was out fishing this time so she couldn't go and she was upset.


So I took her on a paddle boat ride. She loved it!

Helping paddle.


Daddy fishing. 


Helping stear. 


One of the fish daddy caught. 


To make up to Oak that she couldn't go earlier, daddy took her a boat ride. Just her and him. 


This is how most mornings looked.

Daddy swimming with Oak. 


Hubs tried out the paddle board. I never ended up trying it. I was too afraid of falling in and loosing one of my brand new contacts. 





Oak's girl cousins are the best. They are teenagers and they are pretty much the best teenagers ever! They don't get put off by their little cousins. This is Hal and Oak was pretty attached to her and followed her around everywhere. Here she painting Oak's nails. 




Mac caught a catfish. In all the years coming here none of us have caught one. 
He was pretty proud. 


This was a rough day for me. I had just found out that an old dear friend of mine had complications with heart surgery and passed away. She was 33 and a single mother to a little seven year old boy. I was just so sad about it. And so I just enjoyed watching my kids play while I kept the tears away. 


One of their favorite things to do. They would usually swim for an hour then jump off the dock for an hour. The kids swam every single day.





Found Oak's like this one morning. So funny!


My mother in law took these cute pics of Oak. They pretty much describe her perfectly!




Gotta love older girl cousins!



Totally loved coming inside and seeing this!






So the guys had plans to be in a tournament with Hubs grandma, who is an avid golfer (and about 85 yo). The tournament was on 4th of July and the guys just happened to dress like this. We were totally teasing them about texting each other and coordinating it. 


My adorable kids on the 4th!



Hubs' great Uncle has a house on the other side of the lake and this is his grandson who just graduated highschool. He comes to visit almost every summer and he loves to come over and hang out. This year he had fun teaching the boys how to fish. He was so great with them. 


Hal made daisy crowns for her and Oak.

This year we took all the kids to the street fair. In the past just the girls went. We had two boats so it wasn't scrunched. Sadly, the street fair was pretty sparce compared to others. 

A little story I wanted to make sure I jotted down to always remember.
So we took the boats across the lake to the street fair. And on the way there Mac started freaking out about hitting the wakes/waves made by passing boats. He kept on yelling at grandma (who was driving the boat) to stop or slow down. He was freaking out without crying. I thought it was so weird. It took me a bit, but I realized it was from his little accident tubing earlier in the week. After the fair as we were getting back in the boat to head back to the house Mac was getting really nervous and was asking grandma to go slow. So I talked to him about saying a prayer to help comfort him. Mac said his own little prayer and a minute later Oak leaned over to Mac and told him that she said a prayer for him not to be scared of the bumps. It was really sweet. So on the way back I talked to Mac as much as I could to hopefully distract him and talked to him about his prayer and talked to him about sometimes Heavenly Father doesn't always answer our prayers like he wants because he wants us to learn something. Thankfully on the way back we didn't go over any bumps. He told me when he got back that Heavenly Father had answered his prayer and that he had prayed that there wouldn't be very many big bumps. It just was a sweet, tender moment that I am thankful for. I am glad that Mac was able to instantly see the power of prayer for himself. 


All the kids with all their things they bought at the street fair. 




Oak got all the kids together to build a house.


The finished product.



Oak with her "pocket knives". She carried them around everywhere. 


Excited to go on the boat to see fireworks. 


It's daddies least favorite thing to do but he does it because he loves his kids. 



The kids had fun, but I guess Oak fell asleep half way through. 


So the fireworks were saturday night (the 5th) instead of the 4th and so the kids were up really late. Then next morning we went to the nearest ward and just stayed for sacrament meeting. We left church and not five minutes after leaving, both kids were sound asleep. I think they were tired!


The kids did alot of digging. 

Oak found these flowers and wanted me to put them in her hair. 


So proud of myself. I read TWO books while I was at the lake house. I have a goal of 5 this summer, so 3 left to go. I really liked both the books I read. 


The kids spent a few hours one morning picking lilypads from the lake and drawing on them and making books. They had a blasst. 


Grandma brought her stash of legos that used to be in her classroom to the lakehouse. It was a really great thing for them when we wanted them to settle down and they couldn't go outside. 





Oak's cousin got Oak this lilypad flower and Oak wanted it in her hair. 


Right before we left. The kids had so much fun playing in the mud.
Of course they got baths before we left.

No comments: